Monday, March 2, 2009

110 Days and Counting...


-Breakfast: Whole Wheat bagel with peanut butter, 2 cups of coffee.
-Lunch: Wheat thins and cheese, piece of fruit leather, granola bar.
-Dinner: Bowl of granola, 2% milk.
-Snacks: 4 pieces of fruit leather, handful of wheat thins, handful of goldfish crackers, bottle of vitamin water, chex turtle bar.


-Training: 60 minute run at RPE4 today, all on the treadmill. Did 6.25 miles, took in 16oz. of orange gatorade during/immediately after.


Today was a lesson in how planning and flexibility are super important, especially now that the volume ramps up a bit in the first build phase of training. I'd maxed out at 10 hours of training in February, and this week starts off with 12 hours.


I was supposed to do a swim today, but there was no way it was going to happen... I was plugged into the matrix (working) by 6:50am, and it was non-stop phone calls, all the way up to 4:30pm. Interviews, follow up, returning messages, making job offers, confirming job offers... Just a butt-load of phone time, and NO WAY to sneak to the pool after work, and before baby class.


So, I strapped on the shoes, fired up the treadmill, and knocked out the run that was supposed to be done on Friday; on Friday, I'll do my swim, and not miss out on any sessions. I also have the rest of my training tucked into my schedule for the week, without any extraordinary effort. Just lots of time on the bike, late into the night! At least we have On Demand movies...

No comments:

Post a Comment