Friday, March 6, 2009

106 Days and counting....


-Breakfast: Whole wheat bagel with peanut butter, and 2 cups of coffee.
-Lunch: Bottle of vitamin water, packet of oatmeal, peanut butter granola bar, package of fruit snacks.
-Dinner: 4 pieces of pizza, and 2 beers. Frickin AWESOME.
-Snacks: 2 crab cakes, handful of wheat thins, chex turtle bar, 12oz. cran-raspberry juice.


-Training:
EASY day, with just 30 minutes continous swimming at RPE 4. Felt awesome, just focused on good form, and keeping things smooth. My first and middle 100 were at 1:38 and 1:36. On my last 100, my watch said 28:30, so I again tried to do my last 100 in less than 1:30, pushing it a bit. I did my last in 1:25!


Kind of a funny story today, about the gym... Anyone who goes to a gym knows this, but you see some REALLY funky stuff there. From homeless guys talking to themselves in the shower, to people swimming in their underwear, to things so gross and unholy, I won't mention them here. But you also see losers. Big ones. People so out of touch with reality, it makes you wonder about the unstable future of the human race... I saw one today.


I am pretty unassuming at the gym. Yeah, I see the weirdos, but I keep my head down, avoid eye contact, do my training, and go home. I may be judgemental, but at least I keep it to myself (until blog time). Today, I got stared down. Some guy, wearing long sweats, and a black hoody sweatshirt, with his hood on. Yeah, in the middle of the 80 degree gym, he's wearing sweats and a hood.


It started when I walked in; he was sitting on a machine by the door, not exercising as far as I could tell, just staring down everyone who walked in. This game may be legit in South Central LA, but in Tukwila, WA? Please. So what do I do? Stare back. All the way past him, then I went in the locker room and changed for my swim. It bugged me for a few minutes (it always does, I hate tough guys), then I spaced it and was lost in my meditative swim session.


BUT, on the way out? I saw the guy again, and I got my payback... As I walked out from the locker room, he was at the front of the gym, just going out the front door. As I got outside he was talking to his MOM, who was apparently late picking him up. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Waiting for your mom to pick you up at the gym, and you're playing tough guy?! What the hell...


So, attempting being a good, patient person, I chuckled to myself, and walked away... But in my head I thought of about 5,376 insults I wanted to send his way!


Moral of the story kids? You can't be gangsta if your mom drives the get-away car.

No comments:

Post a Comment