Wednesday, March 4, 2009

108 Days and Counting...


-Breakfast: 2 packets of mixed berry oatmeal, piece of fruit leather, 2 cups of coffee.
-Lunch: Cup of Ramen, bottle of vitamin water, package of fruit snacks.
-Dinner: Can of vegetable beef soup, handful of goldfish crackers.
-Snacks: 2 peanut butter granola bars, 2 pieces of fruit leather, handful of wheat thins, 2 sticks of cheddar cheese, chex turtle bar, 2 Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies.


-Training:
Swim, 40 minutes at RPE 4, focused on nice easy stroke, and good form. I only timed my last 100, to see if I could do it in less than 1:30 (my watch said 38:30). Got it done in 1:28! Other than that, I didn't push it.


Run, 45 minutes RPE 4, 6mph. Nice easy recovery run, that I almost ruined... Allow me to explain:


It really challenges the daily schedule to get everything in. I still have to work, do laundry, cook dinner, eat dinner, do the dishes, get the mail, take out the garbage, feed the dogs, iron my clothes, be an attentive spouse... All that takes time, and squeezing in the training, though fun, makes you do weird stuff. I made dinner for Heather tonight (cooked up some tortellini for her), but I wasn't feeling the tortellini love, so I made soup. But then I got a mad-scientist type idea...


In the interest of cramming as much into every minute as possible, I cooked, and ate my soup, whilst Heather's meal was still in process. I was so proud that I managed to save 15 minutes by speeding up my dinner and combining my tasks! But, have you ever eaten a huge bowl of vegetable beef soup, and then 10 minutes later tried to run 4.5 miles?


I thought I was going to have to quit at 30 minutes; I felt like I might poop my pants, but it passed. Same feeling at 40 minutes, but I gutted it out. By 45 minutes (my goal time), I was feeling significantly more "discomfort." But, we made it, and I realized what I already knew... Don't smoosh too much into the day, don't get in a hurry and skip the details, and don't, under ANY circumstances, risk pooping your pants while running. Especially in your living room, with a toilet about 10 feet away. That would have been hard to explain....


And you all thought reading this blog might be a waste of your time! Sheesh....

No comments:

Post a Comment