Thursday, February 19, 2009







-Breakfast: Honey Wheat Bagle wtih peanut butter, 2 cups of coffee.
-Lunch: Bowl of granola with raisins and almonds, 2% milk.
-Dinner: Breakfast burrito with bacon and chedder.
-Snacks: 2 bottles Vitamin Water, 1 piece of fruit leather, 12 oz. cran-raspberry juice, 1 bag of fruit snacks.


-Training: 30 minutes continuous, all at RPE 7. I measured my first 100, a middle 100 , and my final 100 (prior to a 50 cool down), and they measured at 1:33, 1:31, and 1:34, so I was pretty consistent.

Today the swim session felt GREAT. I pushed pretty hard for the duration, and after starting out with some stiffness in my arms, I loosened up quick, and was able to maintain my pace.

I've been googling IMCDA a lot recently, and found several other similar blogs of people also training for the 2009 race. It's kind of cool to find some other folks out there who are doing the same "crazy" 20 week ritual to get ready. :-) Makes me feel a little less "weird" for doing all the training, and a little more connected to the other 2000 people who'll be at the starting line.

No comments:

Post a Comment