Saturday, June 6, 2009

14 days and counting!!!



Baby Girl is very relaxed about the two week countdown... So is daddy! Feeling darn good about things, and getting in some solid work to make up for the sick time, hospital time, travel time, baby-watching time....


Holy crap, that is a lot of time NOT training in the last 20 weeks!! Am I really ready?


Well... I really think so. I told a friend this week that we weren't out to win it this year (or any year, for that matter), and I have put in more time this year than last. Plus, I don't have 111 miles of straight mountain climbing on the bike course (damn you Lake Placid). So, I feel good. NOT overconfident, just good.


In the last three days I got in a 68 mile bike ride in 4 hours, and another medium length run (9.3 miles, 85 minutes), and a 58 minute swim that just felt AWESOME!!


I have also been following a few blogs of fellow IM folks, a few of who are training for their first IM distance race. It has been cool to hear them ask the question that I had 3 years ago...


"What happens when this is over? What will I do with an extra 10-20 hours a week of extra time?! "


Hopefully, you find that you're hooked, and keep on keepin' on! We all have our reasons... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment