Friday, May 15, 2009

36 Days and Counting.....


I got a note from my younger sister today that I haven't been as diligent with the blog as I initially promised, so I am making a special effort to post today... Thanks Anna!


My eating continues to be good... Oddly, having the baby makes me pay attention to my food more, mostly because I squeeze in my meals when I can, and knowing I can't just eat when I feel like it, I am doing quite well. I also weighed myself today, and am down to 147. My race weight the last two years was 145, so it seems like the volume, though it feels low, is on track, and my nutrition, in addition to feeling on track, also seems to be verified by the scale.


Today was a tough training day, mentally. I got in a 2 hour run, and actually got to do it outside. About 65 and sunny in Seattle, so can't complain about that (in honor of that, the jeep photo, as I am stoked to get the top off soon!). Was just tough mentally; didn't feel focused, and couldn't keep my head in the game. Proud to say I did gut it out, and got it done... Legs felt sprung for about an hour afterwards, but after a bit of stretching, they felt just fine.


The year seems to be going ridiculously fast, with only 36 days to go?! I feel pretty good about training so far, but am going to have to be pretty strategic about my time in the next month to get in both some long sessions, but ample rest and recovery. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment