Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lazy Ironman!! 6 months and counting...


WOW!! It has been almost 3 months since I last posted... What happened?! New job, new baby, more travel, and less racing.


But today, with the change for daylight savings time, my internal clock also changed. Instead of it being November 1st when the sun rose today, my thought waking up this morning was verbalized by the Smokin Hot Wife.


"6 months exactly until Ironman St. George!"


I was super excited, but also a little nervous. I've eaten WAY more candy/ice cream/beer in the last 3 months than I have in the last 3 years. I took my "off season" a little to the extreme, and am coming in with a bit less fitness than the last couple years. But, I've been working on the dreadmill the last few weeks here and there, and in my first training session today, I was pleasantly surprised.


I have a few updates to make to this blog page to get it up to date, but all in all, the sentiment remains the same. I am a proud back of the pack athlete, and going for IM finish #4. I'll keep track of training and nutrition here, and make every attempt to not bore the snot out of those of you following. With that said, here we go!


Training:

45 minutes on the treadmill, 2.5% incline, 4.7 miles (about 9:30 per mile).


Food:

Nutri-grain bar, granola bar, 2 cups of coffee, baked cheese tortellini with red sauce, BBQ pork sandwiches with some potato chips, and a bucket of leftover Halloween candy.


See what I mean about bad habits since Lake Stevens?! Ugh... I have some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment