Wednesday, December 23, 2009

127 Days and Counting... GO UTES!!


Monday and Tuesday were off days... Not by design, just out of last minute changes in plans. Was feeling sick, got busy with work and housework, and just lost my mojo! Tough time of year to try and get into the routine, but I am glad I am trying a race earlier in 2010. It's a new wrinkle, and it really isn't bad to be training with all the awesome food temptations that come with the season!


Today, I got on the dreadmill for 30 minutes, 7mph after a "subtle" reminder from SHW that it has been a few days... I love that! She laughs in my face every time I try to talk her into a full IM, but she never lets me slack for long. :-)


It was also a joyous day in our household, as the University of Utah beat Cal in their bowl game!! 9 straight bowl wins, and a great way to close out the season... It was also gratifying to see that the PAC10 is 0-2 in their bowls so far, and the MWC is 3-0.


But the BCS works GREAT. It works almost as well as a drunk ironman, anyway.


My diet, as mentioned, has NOT been great the last week or so. SHW had her 27th (ish) birthday and we went out for a bottle of wine, and some awesome Italian. Veal parmegana, fried calimari, fried zuchini, cheesecake, and creme brulee. Cookies at home don't help, and we're currently working on a 5lb. bag of M&M's. Tomorrow is our annual Christmas Eve bash with the gang and their kiddos. Wing Dome, chocolate fondue, chips and dip, with plenty of beer and wine.


This is not a recipe for success! But it is a recipe for a great holiday season, and a pretty good reminder of what we have to be thankful for... Good friends, good family, good food to share with them.


I likely won't be posting tomorrow, so happy holidays to all! I hope you have fun with friends and family, and take some time off of whatever training takes up your days!

3 comments:

  1. HappyIronman, hope you SHW and new family member have enjoyed Christmas! Eat, drink and be merry, 2010 is for training! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about some buffalo chicken while I'm there? Sounds good. Snowing like crazy in SLC....hope I get to the airport. With luck Grandma will see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Skierz! Hoping the same for you and yours...

    Grandma, had a FANTASTIC visit, and glad you got to spend a ton of time with the munchkin! Can't wait to see you again...

    ReplyDelete