Monday, July 27, 2009

A quick break...


Got some family in town, and have been here for the weekend, so I took a break for about 5 days. I think it was well timed, as I am struggling with some pain in my achilles, and that is a new one for me... Not really injury prone, in general, and this doesn't appear serious. It hurt to walk up and down stairs after runs, particularly after my harder/faster runs.


So, a few days off, and a bit of rest for the legs. Along with a few beers and ice cream and bratwurst. I can feel my time for Lake Stevens getting slower, and slower and slower...


Good thing we do this for fun!


In other news, we have a "friendly" competition on the horizon, and another race to add to the calendar! There is an olympic distance race in Bonney Lake Labor Day weekend, and we have 3 gals, and 3 dudes doing a relay! I will swim, Deuce will bike, and Mike will run. For the ladies, My wife will swim, Chantel will bike, and Stacy will run.


It is the "Revenge of Dirty Thirty" versus "Badass All the Time Man Power" (title courtesy of Deuce). Should be fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment