Sunday, January 25, 2009

146 days and counting...


Good morning!



Saturday was a pretty good day, and the legs are feeling great after another brick workout

(bike + run + ICK = Brick).



-Bike, 60 minutes, indoor trainer, all small ring, RPE4. 20 ounces water.


-Immediate transition to run, 30 minutes on the treadmill, 6.7 mph, RPE 4-5. 12 ounces gatorade (75 calories).


-Breakfast: Whole wheat bagel with peanut butter, 2 cups of coffee.

-Lunch: Large bowl of Granola with blueberries and raspberries, skim milk.

-Dinner: One Can of soup, Chicken and sausage gumbo, handful of goldfish crackers.

-Snacks: Double Cheeseburger from McDonald's and small fries (I know, couldn't resist), one chocolate truffle from See's candy (we always have a box in the house!), two bottles of Vitamin Water.


Looking at the day, I can see I need more fruits/veggies, and some dairy.


Still working on getting mileage in, and adjusting to making the time during the day to get that mileage in... That is probably the most common question I get around this hobby. "Where do you find the time?!"


Honestly, it isn't as difficult as one might think. I usually ask people to add up how much time they watch TV; it is typcially an hour or more a day. My solution? Treadmill and stationary bike trainer in the house, and any time spent watching TV can immediately become training time (see photo)...


The follow up question is usually something along the lines of whether training indoors is an adequate way to train for the mileage and nature of the course. Truth is, probably not. But given the choice of running and biking in the snow and rain, or doing it inside at home? Home wins every time! Plus, as spring takes hold, I'm able to get outside for long runs and rides to get some "real world" mileage...


Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Go Fluffy! I still think you're nuts... But now I can keep better tabs on you since you talk more to my husband than you do to me! =) Just kidding. Good luck with training, we will be there to support you this summer!!

    ReplyDelete